Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"I Believe" Video Contest

I submitted our video for the "I Believe" video contest.  They extended the deadlines, so voting doesn't start until next week.  When my video is posted, I will let everyone know.

I know that I probably won't win, but making the video was therapeutic.  In some ways it was sad putting together a video that highlights all of the crap we've been through over the last 2 years- a year of trying on our own, all of the testing, an IUI, heading to the RE, more testing, 3 more IUIs, an IVF with a canceled transfer, a second IVF, a chemical pregnancy, and now potentially moving on to donor eggs.  Even typing it out just now it seems like a lot of crap.  I guess the good way to look at it is that we've been through all of this crap and we've come out on the other side stronger for it.

Today I was also able to talk about our potentially needing an egg donor without crying, which is a big step for me.  I had lunch with a coworker and she had asked if I was still planning on cycling again in January.  I managed to have a conversation about our terrible WTF without tearing up.  I feel like I am making progress.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear it was therapeutic for you. It turned out great and you know we will all do whatever we can to help you win :-) Congrats on making some progress talking with your coworker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to vote for your video. I hope you two win!!!

    I am seriously in awe of you. The strength and determination that you demonstrate on a regular basis is downright incredible. The fact that you were able to talk about all of this without crying... that is a HUGE step. You are going to be an outstanding mother one day. Soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete