Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Our Story: First Comes Love, Then Comes Marriage...

My name is Lindsay and this is my very first blog post, so bear with me I'm still figuring it all out.  I guess I'll start with our story thus far.

Once upon a time, in a land far away, there was a guy and a girl... Yeah, it's not really that kind of story.  Travis (aka the hubs) and I met on a float trip set up by a mutual friend.  For city folk that may not know what a float trip is, it's a camping trip that includes floating down a river on rafts or canoes all day and usually includes consumption of copious amounts of alcohol.  I say usually because in my case there was very little alcohol consumption.  At the time of the float trip, I had recently dumped a deadbeat boyfriend, was on major steroids and antihistamines for chronic hives, and my grandmother had just passed away (I left straight from the funeral lunch to head to the campsite).  I figured mixing copious amounts of alcohol with a handful of prescription meds was probably not the best idea so sober weekend it was.  Travis and I barely said two words to each other all weekend, although he did fill my cousin (who came as my plus one in place of deadbeat ex boyfriend) in on his master life plan of never getting married.  The finale of this trip was me ending up in the ER with some sort of bacterial infection, that I probably picked up from the river water

Awesome start to our love story right?  As the months go on we occasionally run into each other a few times when out with mutual friends, but no real connection until one fateful night at a friends wedding.  I was a bridesmaid in the wedding and he was a guest.  As fate would have it I caught the bouquet and he caught the garter.  There was a little controversy, as some people claim that I knocked a little girl down to catch the bouquet, but this is not true.  1.  The girl fell on top of me and 2. The hubs is not worth assaulting a minor for, I mean I love the guy but let's be honest here.  So anyway, right as I was leaving for the night, he finally asked for my number.  We went on our first day a week later, were engaged 13 months after that.  We were married 13 months after we got engaged.

And we lived happily ever after...

Well obviously there is more to the story or this would be a pretty boring blog.  Since this is already a pretty long post, I'll save our adventures in trying to conceive in the land of infertility for my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment