Thursday, August 29, 2013

Babies, Babies, Babies

So last night, my cousin's wife had their baby.  It didn't really phase me, I knew she was pregnant and due around now.  Then today my sister calls me and asks if I had talked to mom.  I said, "Only for a second, why?"  She says, "We'll, we heard something, but we aren't supposed to tell anyone."  Well crap someone else is pregnant.  I say, "Ok."  She says, "Aunt D is going to be a grandma again."  I say, "I'm assuming E and C not S and D this time."  She  says, "Yeah, and they're not sure how far along she is.  Apparently the doctor's told her that she might never have kids and she hasn't had a period since may.  She goes next week for an ultrasound."

I couldn't help having that moment of "It should've been me" jealousy.  We are now the only married couple on my Mom's side of the family without kids.  All 10 of my cousins have kids (or are pregnant), my sister has kids, only my brother doesn't and he's not even dating anyone.

Then we walked next to a pregnant lady (who was discussing her pregnancy) while walking back to our car after the preseason football game we went to.  I really thought football was safe and would give me a pregnancy free evening.  Nope, I was wrong.  ::sigh::

At least tomorrow is a short day at work.  It is CD 3 so I am going to get blood work done before work and the company is letting us out early (2:30 I think) to start our holiday weekend.  I might need some non-pregnant lady drinks this weekend and I might start about 3:00.  Hey it's 5 o'clock somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment