I'll admit that I might be the world's worst blogger.
The last few months have been an emotional roller coaster and I had to step away for awhile. I needed some time off just to put the pieces back together. Now that I am back, let's see if I can give a brief update on what's been going on the last few months.
I'll start with our donor cycle, which was a complete disappointment. We started with high hopes having 6 day 2 and 3 blasts on ice. Unfortunately of the 6 day 2, one made it to morula by day 5. We made the decision to thaw our blasts as well and 2 survived the thaw. We decided to transfer all three. The cycle was a bust and we were left with nothing to freeze (which we should be used to by now).
In late May/early June we came across the opportunity to have a private donation of someone's leftover frozen eggs. Unfortunately what seemed like a great opportunity also fell apart and we were back to square one yet again.
Not knowing how to proceed, Travis and I were forced to take a hard look at our options and we decided to make some changes. First we are consulting with Dr. KK a Reproductive Immunologist. We want to make sure that there is nothing on the immune side that is preventing us from conceiving. Our consult is in 11 days. The second change we made was switching REs, as our previous RE seems to have given up on us (I understood him not recommending us cycling again, but even when I brought up third party options he seemed to push us to go elsewhere). This might have been the best move we've made. We love our new RE (same clinic) and she had some great ideas for protocol changes if we wanted to try another IVF cycle and is more than willing to work with our RI. She was also on board with us doing all of the testing that my last RE scoffed at. We had our blood drawn for DQ alpha match testing, and plan on doing karyotyping and SCSA testing on DH's swimmers. Hopefully between that testing and our immune testing with the RI, we can either find or rule out any issues that we may have. Right now we are looking at November/December for our 4th IVF cycle. I'm ready to get back into the swing of treatments!